Monday, October 27, 2008

We're doing this NOW?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/27/us/politics/27web-nagourney.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

The New York Times has just published an article on how many members of the GOP and the McCain campaign are questioning the Palin VP pick.

Really? You don't say!

I from the get go supported Joe Lieberman and Tom Ridge. Sure, Palin has energized "the base" - but that's not how you win elections. Independent and moderate voters have been swung left due to the Palin choice. She scares them. She scares me too. When I've heard lines like "She's the future of the Republican party" a shudder roles down my spine. Where will we be in four years? And will I still be on board? Outlook not so good.

The pick has certainly helped in the fundraising department however, considering how far back McCain is trailing Obama on that front, what difference would it really have made? On all my campaign contributions I've sent to McCain headquarters, I've written "Palin sucks" in the memo line. I wonder if I'm the only one. If Joe or Tom were on the ticket, it would have felt a lot easier parting with those checks, and maybe more.

No comments: